August 8, 2013

Sorry for such a time laps...

I really need to get better about updating this. Now I have a bit more time at home so maybe I can keep up easier. I have had several people ask me if I know of any cake mixes. Pillsbury cake mix does say on the box that it contains milk...but I have never found it in the list on most cakes. Also their frostings, except of milk chocolate, are safe. Duncan Hines are pretty safe as well. My favorite is the Cherry Chip with Cherry frosting! All dairy free! Yumm! Did you know that Hershey's Chocolate Syrup is also dairy free? I was shocked to find this out and I am so happy about it. I did find a good recipie for a "healthier" version of syrup from a Biggest Loser cookbook. I can't remember the exact amounts off hand but will let everyone know soon! Another great desert food is the Betty Crocker Fudge brownies. Also pumpkin bread is also safe. I buy the Aldi's brand, Baker's choice, and use apple sauce instead of the eggs and it is sooo good. I make them into muffins and for 2 is about 90 calories, if I added it correctly. Aldi's is also pretty good about labeling things that are lactose free. I will try and write again soon! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment